BASSEUROPE provides an international double bass congress every two-year for all bass players, educators, researchers, enthusiasts, institutions and companies, professionals as amateurs.
They all meet to present/observe and to get inspired.
'Discuss, Share & Develop'.
The congress is always located in a new place in Europe. One or more national bass player(s) are chosen as artistic director(s) and they form and set color on the congress - BASSEUROPE brings the know-how.
Latest congress BASS2018 LUCCA took place in Lucca, Italy, July 30th to August 5th, 2018 - press the button below.
when: 25th – 30th March 2019
where: Music Academy Saxony-Anhalt
Kloster Michaelstein | Musikakademie & Museum
Michaelstein 15,38889 Blankenburg (Harz),Germany
Deadline for Registration: February 25th, 2019
DOUBLE BASS INSTRUCTORS
Prof. Stephan Petzold
• University of Music Hanns Eisler Berlin
• Principal double bass Konzerthausorchester Berlin
Univ. Prof. Christine Hoock
• Mozarteum University Salzburg
Prof. Dorin Marc
• Nuremberg University of Music
• Dresden University of Music
• Associate double bass Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra
• Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
• Principal double bass
• Basel University of Music
• Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
• Prof. Dunja Robotti
• Tomoko Takahashi
• Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra Wernigerode - conductor Christian Fitzner
• Angela Gebler
• leading international bass players & teachers
• individual lessons & masterclasses
• recitals & concerts
• playing with orchestra as soloist *
(Dittersdorf, Vanhal, Bottesini, Koussewitzky, Mozart KV 612)
• video recordings and professional photos
• meet bass enthusiasts
• exhibition of bow, string lab, double basses, sheet music & books
• rent a bass **
* If You want to play with the orchestra, please send a link in the form of a recording (repertoire of your choice - Concerti by Dittersdorf, Bottesini B-minor, Koussewitzky, Mozart KV 612) to the Music
** If You want to rent a bass, please forward this information latest also in the form.
There are 4 different fees. Every fee depends on,
a) if You‘re student, and b) if You‘re younger or older than 27 years.
Every fee includes the course, accommodation in shared room, all meals and a annual fee BASSEUROPE membership.
• You‘re student and not older than 26 years → 440,- €
• You‘re student and 27 years old or older → 490,- €
• You‘re no student and not older than 26 years → 520,- €
• You‘re no student and 27 years old or older → 570,- €
Upgrades (your choice):
• upgrade for a double room → 30,- €
• upgrade for a single room → 135,- €
By airplane… next airports:
• Leipzig / Halle LEJ
• Hannover HAJ
• Berlin TXL / SXF
By train… next trainstations:
• Blankenburg / Harz
• see: www.bahn.com
By coach „Flixbus“
• from Berlin ZOB, Dortmund ZOB, Düsseldorf ZOB, Essen, Goslar, Göttingen ZOB, Kassel Wilhelmshöhe, Magdeburg, Seesen to Blankenburg (Harz)
• see: www.flixbus.co/uk
By local bus (between both trainstations)
• local bus number 230 to bus stop: Michaelstein, Blankenburg (Harz)
• see: www.hvb-harz.de
If You have any questions, don‘t hesitate to contact the Music Academy Saxony Anhalt
• Day of Birth*
• Phone Number
• Address ( street, zip code, city, country)*
• Short CV*
• Optional orchestra recoring
• Optional renting a bass
• Optional Video/Photos
• Wishes (e.g. vegetarian meals? e.g. Shared room with favored persons? e.g. wishes for teachers or repertoire?)
• Payment via PayPal/Card after submitting
Press the button below to fill in the registration formular.
(Choose language EN/DE in the upper rigth corner of the form)
- 8th International Kids & Youth Double Bass Course,
July 30th to August 5th, 2018
July 30th to August 5th, 2018
The Youth Bass Camp is open to double bassists of all ethnicities, nationalities from all countries and up to age 19. All levels both jazz and classic players are very welcome.
The Youth Bass Camp is held in conjunction with and as a department of the BASSEUROPE biennial congress.
It is a special opportunity to meet and work with some of the world’s leading double bass performers and teachers. The camp includes single lessons/academic teaching, group lessons, lectures, master classes and small/large ensembles. You will be grouped in classes with bassists of fairly similar skills. Both jazz and classical music teachers are represented.
During the week, you will also have time to listen, hang out with your friends, and meet the great bass performers. At the end of the convention week you will perform a concert in Lucca.
The students will be prepared to participate in various public events, including the opening of an evening concert at the Festival on Saturday, August 4 at 20:30 with small ensembles and MassBassOrchestra, made up of all participants at any level who wants to join the orchestra: professional, student or amateur. Participants will also have the opportunity to attend Festival events, always under the supervision of parents and/or volunteers. Additionally, participants are invited to join the MassBassOrchestra for a "Concert-Greeting to the Sun" to be held at dawn on one of the days of the Congress (date still to be defined) on the historic walls of the city of Lucca.
Classes will be held mainly in English and Italian.
Each day commences with a warm-up together as a group. This is being followed by ensemble or masterclasses. Classes are organized according to the age and ability of the participants. There will as well be the possibility to take additional individual lessons for an extra price.
All bass players who might be interested, can join the MassBassOrchestra rehearsals in the afternoon.
Playing together in the orchestra, reinforces valuable soft skills, such as concentration and coordination, concurrent listening, playing, focusing on the conductor, and reading music. It can also be useful to work on subjects such as patience and tolerance.
In the afternoon, YBC groups will also join guided visits to the exhibitions, and will listen to recitals together.